- 20″ cleaning path
- 1.5 HP TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled) AC motor that requires little maintenance
- No carbon brushes or rectifiers needed
- Welded heavy gauge steel frame
- One piece chromed heavy duty steel handle
- Easy to handle on all types of hard floors
- Pigtail power cord with 50′ extension cord
- Thumb-operated safety switch with comfortable vinyl grips
- Includes harpoon style flexible pad driver with spring-style pad centering clamp
- Quiet operation at only 58 dBA
AC MOTOR VS. DC MOTOR
Most burnishers run on a DC powered motor, but the BlackHawk is unique in that it runs on an AC powered motor. This is an important change because all facilities in the United States have standard outlets that output AC current. The traditional burnisher with a DC motor will need to convert that AC current to DC current by using a rectifier and carbon brushes. The BlackHawk eliminates rectifiers and carbon brushes, and the replacement of those, since it utilizes the AC current in it’s original form.
TWO-PIECE POWER CORD
The BlackHawk also uses a two-piece power cord set-up that makes maintenance quick and simply when needed. A short pigtail cord is installed into the burnisher. A 50′ extension cord is connected to the pigtail cord to give the length needed to burnish. When the extension cord is damaged or fails, a generic extension cord can replace the bad cord without needing to do any wiring or disassembling of the burnisher.