- Use with 3M Twist ‘n Fill chemical management system
- Concentrated, swift acting, EPA-registered hospital use quaternary disinfectant cleaner
- Excellent cleaner
- Kills HIV-1, HBV, MRSA, VRE, KPC, Acinetobacter, and other pathogens in 3 minutes
- Effective in water up to 400 ppm hardness in the presence of 5% serum contamination
- Natural fresh scent (no fragrance added)
- Rinse and dye-free
- Low flow for use in filling bottles
- 2 liter concentrate bottle yields 123 ready-to-use gallons
GENERAL USE DIRECTIONS
Dilute 3M 40L Disinfectant Cleaner RCT Concentrate using the Twist ‘n Fill dispenser into a properly labeled bottle.
- For heavily soiled areas, a preliminary cleaning is required.
- Apply solution to hard, non-porous surfaces, thoroughly wetting the surface with a sprayer.
- Treated surfaces must remain wet for contact time indicated on the label.
- Wipe dry with a cloth, sponge, mop, or allow to air dry.
- Spray 6-8 inches from the surface; rub with a brush, sponge, or cloth. Do not breathe spray. Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food, such as countertops, exteriors of appliances, tables, and stovetops with potable water before reuse. Do not use on utensils, glassware, and dishes.
- This product is not to be used as a terminal sterilant or high-level disinfectant on any surface or instruments that:
- Is introduced directly into the human body or enter normally sterile areas of the body
- Contacts intact mucous membranes, but which does not ordinarily penetrate the blood barrier or otherwise enter normally sterile areas of the body.
- This product may be used to pre-clean or decontaminate critical or semi-critical devices prior to sterilization or high-level disinfection.
See efficacy data for more information on contact times
- Use 1/2 oz per gallon of water to clean and deodorize surfaces.
- Apply using a sprayer.
- Wipe or allow to air dry.
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly prior to cleaning.
- Test fabric for colorfastness.
- 1/2 oz per gallon of water eliminates odors associated with urine, vomit, smoke, and mildew.
- Reapply using a spray device after cleaning for freshening effects.
- Allow to dry.
- Do not use on wool – only on wet-cleanable synthetic fibers.
- This product is an effective fungicide against Trichophyton mentagrophytes (the Athlete’s Foot fungus) in areas such as locker rooms, dressing rooms, shower and bath areas, and exercise facilities.
- Dilute at 1/2 oz per gallon in 250 ppm hard water and 5% serum.
- Allow surface to remain wet for 3 minutes.
- At 1/2 oz per gallon of water, this product will effectively inhibit the growth of mold and mildew and the odors caused by them when applied to hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Follow disinfection instructions.
- Repeat treatment every seven days or more often if new growth appears.
- Mix 1/2 oz per gallon of water.
- Apply with a sprayer held 6-8 inches from surface and spray until fabric is wet.
- Fabric must remain wet for 5 minutes.
- Allow fabric to air dry.
- Heavily soiled areas must be cleaned prior to sanitizing.
For cleaning and disinfecting hard nonporous surfaces: equipment used for animal food or water, utensils, instruments, cages, kennels, stables, catteries. Remove all animals and feeds from premises, animal transportation vehicles, crates, etc. Remove all litter, droppings and manure from floors, walls and surfaces of facilities occupied or traversed by animals. Empty all feeding and watering appliances.
Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water. Saturate surfaces by spraying with a use-solution of 1/2 oz of this product per gallon of water for contact time indicated on the label. Wipe or allow to air dry. Immerse all animal halters, ropes, and other types of equipment used in handling and restraining animals as well as forks, shovels, and scrapers used for removing litter and manure. Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food, including equipment used for feeding or watering, with potable water before reuse. Ventilate buildings and other closed spaces. Do not house animals or employ equipment until treatment has been absorbed, set or dried.
This product is particularly suitable for use in water damage restoration situations against odor causing bacteria on the following porous and semi-porous materials: carpets, carpet cushions, subfloors, drywall, trim and frame lumber, tackless strip and paneling. Using appropriate dilution, saturate the affected materials with enough product to remain wet for at least 3 minutes.
Sewer Backup and River Flooding: During mitigation procedures, dilute 1/2 oz. of the concentrate per gallon of water, allowing for the diluting effect of absorbed water within saturated materials. Remove gross filth or heavy soil along with non-salvageable materials. Saturate all affected areas with a coarse spray device before and after cleaning and extraction.
Carpets, Carpet Cushions and Other Porous Materials (such as Subfloors, Drywall, Trim and Frame Lumber, Tackless Strip and Paneling): For water damage from a clean source, extract excess water. Test hidden area for colorfastness. Dilute 1/2 oz. of the concentrate per gallon of water, allowing for the diluting effect of absorbed water within saturated materials. Remove gross filth or heavy soil. Saturate all affected areas with a coarse spray device. Roll, brush or agitate into the materials and allow materials to remain wet for 3 minutes. Follow with a thorough extraction. Dry rapidly and thoroughly.