- Glossy, very hard, watertight coating that reduces dust formation
- Hardens and seals concrete, marble, terrazzo, and other porous stone surfaces
- Highly resistant to scuffs, black marks, stains, scratches, and soil
- Easy to spot and repair damaged areas or recoat; no stripping required
- Surface scratches can be burnished away with Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond floor pad
- Certified by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) as “High Traction” under ANSI B101.1 wet test
GENERAL USE DIRECTIONS
- Burnish entire floor area using a white polish pad (or tan) with 2 passes.
- Dust floor with 3M Easy Trap duster to ensure all dust, hair, grit, and debris has been removed.
- Apply a pool of Scotchgard stone floor protector to the floor and saturate mop head in the product. Once the applicator has been saturated, spread the area clear of product.
- Apply a thin even coating of product to the floor. Make sure that all drips or heavy areas are addressed while applying. Apply product almost like you are applying product and then trying to wipe it off.
- Proper coating thickness should NOT have any milky appearance to it.
- When coating is complete allow time to fully dry. It will be dry to walk on before it is ready to burnish. Wait a minimum of 15 minutes after floor is dry to the touch to move on to the next step.
- Burnish for a minimum of 6 passes using a Scotch-Brite purple diamond floor pad.
- Burnish for a minimum of 6 passes using a white polish pad.
- Dust with 3M Easy Trap Duster to remove dust and pad debris.
- Apply second thin even coat of Scotcgard stone floor protector.
- Allow coating to dry and burnish for a minimum of 6 passes using a purple diamond pad and then a minimum of 6 passes using a white polish pad.
- Dust with the Easy Trap Duster again to remove dust and pad debris.
- Dust mop with 3M Easy Trap Duster.
- Damp mop using a neutral cleaner and a flat or string mop.
- Autoscrub as necessary using a neutral cleaner and red buffer pad.
- For cleaning combined with light polishing, use the Scotch-Brite purple diamond pad on an autoscrubber.
- Do NOT use acidic cleaners, spray buff, or dust mop treatment.
Flooring should be periodically burnished using a Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond floor pad to maintain gloss. A suggested burnishing schedule is:
- High traffic areas: 1-2 times per week
- Medium traffic areas: 3-4 times per month
- Low traffic areas: 1-2 times per month
When traffic lanes are no longer returned to gloss by burnishing, an additional application of the stone floor protector should be applied.
Listed in order of increasing aggressiveness. Try the least aggressive methods first.
- Burnish with eraser burnish pad.
- Autoscrub with Scotch-Brite purple diamond floor pad and water or neutral cleaner.
- Autoscrub with Scotch-Brite purple diamond floor pad and 3M 3-in-1 floor cleaner.
- Pre-treat difficult marks using spray bottle of 3M 3-in-1 floor cleaner and then autoscrub with the purple diamond pad and water or 3-in-1 cleaner.
- Always burnish the affected area with the purple diamond pad to restore gloss.
Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector will wear down over time due to floor traffic. High traffic areas should be recoated at least once every 6 months. Light to moderate traffic areas should be recoated at least once per year.
- Scrub traffic areas or the entire floor as required using a neutral cleaner and non-abrasive floor pad followed by a clear water rinse.
- Burnish the floor with the Scotch-Brite purple diamond floor pad using 2-3 passes.
- Dust floor with 3M Easy Trap Duster.
- Recoat the scrubbed area with 1 coat of stone floor protector.
- Burnish the floor with the purple diamond pad using 6 passes.
There are no reviews yet.